Please be aware that we are closing today at 4pm and will return to our normal opening hours from tomorrow morning.

Other Products


We’ve teamed up with ToolsInsuranceOnline to provide our tradespeople with top quality standalone tools insurance.

tools insurance logo

Personal Accident ImageToolsInsuranceOnline is part of Trade Direct Insurance, who have been around for over 30 years.

During that time, they’ve spoken to tens of thousands of tradespeople up and down the country, and have learnt quite a lot about what they need from insurance. So much so, that they currently insure over 40,000 tradespeople and trade businesses, from sole traders to medium-sized businesses employing as many as 15 people.

A standalone tools policy with ToolsInsuranceOnline is underwritten by Zurich Insurance, one of the UK’s biggest insurers. That policy gives you up to £5,000 cover for portable handheld tools in the van or at work, as well as 24/7 cover across the EU.

When it comes to making a claim, you’ll have access to a 24/7/365 claims line so should the worst happen, you can log your claim.

Find out more about ToolsInsuranceOnline

Business Premises

Business Premises ImageWe’ve teamed up with Aviva to produce a policy offering both comprehensive cover with generous standard benefits, and premiums that shouldn’t break the bank. The policy is designed for individuals and companies working within the tradesmen and construction sectors. It offers contents and optional buildings cover for your company base, whether it's an industrial unit, showroom or trade counter.

The standard 'all risks' core cover includes property damage, theft, business interruption (increased cost of working), glass, business all risks, money and goods in transit. The optional covers include buildings (or tenants improvements) book debts and tools in transit.

We have a straightforward pricing structure with four options:

All premiums include Insurance Premium Tax. Higher levels of cover are available if required - please just ask.

For a quotation please call us on 0800 915 0486. (Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30).

Self-Build Insurance

Self-Build Insurance ImageSelf-build projects place specific demands on individuals, and insurance, and require specialist types of cover, from the point at which you own a plot of land on which you intend to build. Your SelfBuild insurance needs will differ, depending on where you are in the stage of your self-build project, and what you intend to do with the property at the end of the project.

SelfBuild Insurance (part of Trade Direct Insurance Services Limited) have over 20 years of insuring self-build projects, and the SelfBuild insurance policy is backed by Zurich - one of the biggest names in insurance.

Cover to meet specific needs

SelfBuild insurance offer a range of Self-Build insurance products, designed to reflect different circumstances:

Consider this if:
Site Liability
You have a plot, but you haven’t started work yet
You’re building a property you’ll live in
Self-Build Pro
You’re building a property that you will sell
Renovation & Conversion
You’re extending an existing property
Structural Warranty
You’re looking for 10 year peace of mind regarding design and construction

Site Liability

If you own a plot of land, and haven't started work, there may seem little reason for insurance, however there are risks that should be considered. The Site Liability product can offer protection for the time between the purchase of the land, and works commencing.

Find out more about Site Liability


If you are planning on living in your property once it is finished, our Self-Build policy can protect you against a wide range of perils, and cover can run for up to 18 months.

Find out more about Self-Build

Self-Build Pro

If you are planning on selling your-self build project once it’s finished, then your insurance needs may be slightly different. Self-Build Pro recognises the commercial nature of your project, including Employers Liability cover.

Find out more about Self-Build Pro

Renovation and Conversion

If you want to self-build, but cannot find land or secure funding, you may decide to convert part of your property e.g. a loft conversion or an extension. Not all household insurance policies provide cover for the building works or indeed provide cover for the materials on site and the additional public and employee’s liability exposure.

Find out more about Renovation and Conversion.

Structural Warranty

If you are building your own home or using the services of specialist contractors for the construction of your property, you should consider a structural defects policy. A structural defects policy can help to protect you against the cost of complete or partial rebuilding or rectifying work to the house as a result of defective design, workmanship or materials, for up to 10 years.

Find out more about Structural Warranty

To learn more about SelfBuild Insurance, please visit www.selfbuild.uk.com or ring us on 0800 915 0486. (Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30).

Residential Property Owners insurance

Residential Property Owners insurance ImageIf you are growing your portfolio of residential properties, or own a buy to let property, you can arrange landlords insurance through us via the telephone.

Features and benefits include

  • Buildings and Landlords contents cover
  • Property Owners Liability cover
  • Legal Expenses cover
  • Get your documents online
  • Compare quotes from a range of insurers

Our Residential Property Owners Policies have been designed to meet the demands and needs of residential property owners who wish to benefit from cover against some of the risks that may be encountered in the course of running a residential property portfolio.

There are core covers that include buildings and landlord’s contents, property owner’s liability and legal expenses. You may also select optional covers that are relevant to the needs of a residential property owner.

If you’d like to find out more about how Residential Property Owners insurance could cover the costs with owning residential property that is let, please ring us on 0800 915 0486. (Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30).